Here are the steps to draw a Jaal sketch:
- Draw a grid of intersecting lines across your paper. The lines should be evenly spaced and create small squares.
- Starting at one corner of your paper, draw a small diamond shape within one of the squares. The diamond should be oriented diagonally within the square.
- Draw another diamond shape within the same square, but oriented in the opposite direction. The tips of the two diamonds should touch in the center.
- Repeat this process, drawing a series of alternating diamonds within the same square.
- Move to the next square in the grid and repeat the process, drawing a new series of alternating diamonds within the square.
- Continue this pattern, moving from square to square and filling each one with a series of diamonds.
- When you have filled all of the squares in the grid, connect the diamonds with small lines, creating a net-like pattern.
- You can add additional details to your Jaal sketch, such as small circles or dots within the diamonds, or additional lines or shapes in the background.
- Finally, add some shading or coloring to your sketch to give it depth and dimension.