There are many types of flowers to choose from when creating a reference sketch. Here are some popular flowers that are great for reference:
- Rose: Roses are classic flowers with beautiful, intricate shapes. They come in a variety of colors and can be drawn in many different styles, from realistic to stylized.
- Sunflowers: Sunflowers are large, vibrant flowers with a distinctive circular shape. They have large petals and a center disk that is made up of many smaller flowers.
- Lily: Lilies are elegant flowers with long, slender petals that curve delicately. They come in a variety of colors, from pure white to deep pink or purple.
- Dahlia: Dahlias are beautiful, symmetrical flowers with multiple layers of petals. They come in many colors, from bright orange to deep red or purple.
- Lotus: Lotuses are unique flowers with a distinctive shapes and delicate petals. They are often drawn in a stylized or abstract way and can be quite challenging to draw.
- Tulip: Tulips are simple but beautiful flowers with smooth, curved petals. They come in many colors, from bright red to soft pink or yellow.