A sunflower is a type of flowering plant that is easily recognizable by its large, bright yellow flower head and its distinctive pattern of petals that resemble the sun. The sunflower’s leaves are typically large and lobed, and they grow from the stem of the plant.
To sketch a sunflower with its leaves, follow these steps:
- Start by drawing the center of the sunflower, which is made up of many small, tightly packed flowers, or florets. The center should look like a large, circular disk.
- Next, draw the petals of the sunflower, which are typically arranged in a spiral pattern around the center. The petals should be long and slender, with slightly curved edges.
- Add details to the center of the sunflower by drawing the individual florets, which are small and circular.
- Sketch the stem of the sunflower, which should be thick and sturdy to support the large flower head.
- Add the leaves of the sunflower, which are typically large and lobed. The leaves should be attached to the stem and arranged in a spiral pattern, similar to the petals of the flower.
- Finally, add shading and texture to the sunflower and its leaves to give them a more realistic appearance. Use darker shading for areas that are in shadow, and lighter shading for areas that are exposed to light.
With these steps, you should be able to create a detailed sketch of a sunflower with its leaves.