Follow these steps to create a Banarasi open border sketch:
- Begin by lightly sketching the outline of your border using a pencil. Banarasi borders are typically floral or paisley in design, with a repeating pattern. Use a ruler to ensure your lines are straight and evenly spaced.
- Once you are happy with your pencil sketch, go over the lines with a fine-tipped black pen or marker. You can choose to make the lines thicker or thinner depending on the style you prefer.
- Add in the floral or paisley designs within the border. Banarasi borders often feature intricate floral patterns with leaves and vines. Use reference images to guide you in creating a design that is both beautiful and authentic.
- Once you have completed your design, erase any remaining pencil marks.
- If you want to add color to your sketch, you can use watercolor paints, colored pencils, or markers. Banarasi borders typically feature bright, bold colors such as gold, red, blue, and green. Use colors that complement your design and create a harmonious color scheme.
- Finally, add any additional details or shading that you think will enhance your sketch.